We are kicking off the week this week with Cherry Cobbler as our Mustang Monday Color of the Week. Cherry Cobbler is such a yummy deep red... perfect for a 1992 Mustang Convertible... While I am calling this car Cherry Cobbler in color - the actual color name given it by Ford was Wild Strawberry Red.
In addition to the pretty "Cherry Cobbler" Mustang above, I also have a couple of Cherry Cobbler paper projects to share as well. These projects use a combination of both current and retired Stampin' Up! products. I chose to blend the two because of a special clearance rack/weekly deal promotion that is on-going. Here are the promotion details:
- Dates: June 30-August 3, 2015
- There will be extra Weekly Deals up to 30% off retail and extra Clearance Rack items up to 60% off retail.
- Newly added Clearance Rack items will be added and will remain in the Clearance Rack sections while supplies last and will not be removed at the end of the promotion.
- Weekly Deals will be offered in limited quantities. Once the quantity for the discounted items has been reached, the items will be removed from Weekly Deals, but they will still be available at retail prices.
As you can see, this summer is the BEST time to pick up your supplies. Even if you take a summer off from crafting, you won't want to miss these deals. The best part of the clearance rack - it has a ton of retired Christmas supplies! Throughout the month of July, I will be sharing only Christmas projects - so this worked out great for me - and it can work out great for you! Let's work together to get our Christmas gifts and cards made early!
These are two of the items I created using the Trim the Tree designer series paper. The mini gift bag is a cinch to make. Just take a piece of card stock or DSP measuring 6x4 1/2. Then place your DSP on the Simply Scored board with the 6 inch side up. Score at 2 1/2 and 3 1/2, then turn 90 degrees and score at 1 and 3 1/2. Cut both score lines, the 2 1/2 and the 3 1/2 on the 6 inch side up to the 1" or 3 1/2" score line from the 4 1/2" side. Then add adhesive to the small flaps and one long rectangular flap on both 6" sides. Put the middle flap on first - attaching it to the longer flap that has adhesive on it. Then repeat with both sides. Stamp your Happy Holidays or Holiday Cheer stamp set and punch out with the Artisan or Label Bracket punch. Then layer it over a piece of silver glimmer paper punched with a 1 3/4" circle. Punch hole in the bag to create closure. Pinch the sides a little and that's it.
Please note that some of the retired product I used is NOT in the clearance rack - such as the Silver Encore stamp pad and the Artisan Label Punch. Also, I used a Paper Pumpkin stamp from November 2014 - the Happy Holidays. To replace it, I'd like to suggest the Cheerful Tags stamp set from the clearance rack (while supplies last of course). My suggestion for the other retired products: use silver embossing powder in place of the Silver Encore stamp pad - this method helps the silver show up better than mine, and switch out the Artisan Label punch to the Label Bracket punch. Also the white ribbon I used on the mini-gift bag has been retired. A great substitute for it is the Whisper White seam binding.
The clickable supply list is below, when an item is no longer available the link will just take you to the main store front where you can search for a replacement item.
I'd love to see what ways you use our weekly color - Cherry Cobbler. Also, I challenge you to create something Christmas-ee to go with the Christmas in July theme.
Specials and Events...
- Weekly Deals end tonight - stay tuned for new weekly deals and remember, there are additional supplies added first thing Tuesday morning - get them quick because they run out FAST!
- My Paper Pumpkin deadline is approaching. If you want the July kit - you must sign up by July 10 (this Friday). Don't miss out!
- Shack Scraps Paper Pumpkin online workshop has been scheduled for July 26 at 1pm. Come on out - its free to the public - all I do is show you the new kit, share a couple of the projects and some alternate projects. I also have door prizes, bring a friend prizes and subscriber prizes, so visit my event page and RSVP!
- Check out the new tabs at the top - I have added a monthly stamp club. Go read all about it and visit my FB page to chat with me about it. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Our first club bundle is the Festival of Trees, a Whisper White craft ink pad, and a White Gel Pen. If you already have these items, you may sub them with a $30 order for supplies instead, just make sure you register on the stamp club tab.
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator