Monday, January 14, 2013

Make-over Monday 1/14/2013


Welcome to my first ever Make-over Monday!  Make-over Monday is a new series of posts where I will be CASEing cards that I have found through Pinterest and/or other sites.  CASEing stands for Copy and Share Everything. Sometimes I will copy an entire project as closely as possible and other times I will just borrow the sketch or general layout of the card.

This week's CASE card comes from fellow SU demonstrator Heidi King and her Stampin King blog post
featuring her Sale-A-Bration sneak peak #1.  She did a wonderful job with her card. I love it as it is, which is why I chose to copy it as close as I could - using product I already had on hand.  I love the "Thanks a Ton" stamp from the Sale-A-Bration stamp set Patterned Occasions and have already used it several times.

 My card uses some retired DSP - Autumn Traditions - most of my cards will use retired DSP until I get my stock built up.  My color palette is More Mustard, Perfect Plum, Garden Green, Always Artichoke, and Whisper White. Instead of a button and twine, I used two sizes of flat back pearls (non-SU) (the only non-SU item on my card!)  Now, without further ado, here is Heidi's card.


Not only did Heidi use the new stamp set from Sale-A-Bration, Patterned Occasions, she also used some DSP and a brand new embossing folder from Sale-A-Bration.  Both items are on my wishlist - hopefully to be in my home in the next few weeks! 

Heidi's card is fabulous. She showcases a great technique using our Stampin' Write markers - one of the techniques I love the most.  That technique is #9 on the 22 uses of Stampin' Write Markers and is probably my biggest reason for buying my markers.  I have used that technique frequently. 

Below are a few more cards I have created using some of my Sale-A-Bration stamp sets.

This set uses Big Top Birthday DSP, and Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive inks and papers

This card uses Pretty in Pink and Wild Wasabi ink and papers as well as the  Madison Avenue Stamp Set in addition to the Patterned Occasions stamp set. Do you see my silly little mistakes on this card? All beginner stampers have them.

Totally love this Get Well Soon card. I used a Whisper White base and  Pawsatively Prints DSP (retired), Daffodil Delight and Cherry Cobbler ink. The sentiment is a Hero Arts sentiment (only because I wanted it big and I don't own another.)  The band-aid stamp from Patterned Occasions has a lovely sentiment (recover rapidly), but it was too small for this card.

This card uses a Pretty in Pink  card base, Patterned Occasions elephant stamp and the Madison Avenue Stamp set. Inks include Pretty in Pink and Rose  Red. The darker red paper is from Recollections (trying to use up my non-SU stash!)


I hope you have enjoyed viewing my Sale-A-Bration sneak peaks and my Make-over Monday card. Be sure to stop by Heidi's blog and let her know how much you liked her card as well.

Disclaimer:  I am a new Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I have some Stampin' Up! product but not enough to make all my cards look GOOD with only Stampin' Up! products. I am working on it though. When you see flat-back gems and pearls, baker's twine, and much of my ribbon please know that this is NOT SU product - but product from my non-SU stash. Bare with me as I work to replenish my stash with only SU product. I will be highlighting new products as they come in. Thanks for understanding.





No comments:

Post a Comment