Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Workshop Wednesday - Watercolor Backgrounds

I'd like to introduce you to Workshop Wednesday! My plan for Workshop Wednesday is to share my learning experiences with you - I do hope you will follow along and work on some of these cards with me. So lets get started!

I am using my CAS lessons from Paper Craft Planet as a starting point for Workshop Wednesday. I joined PCP in January and so far I have worked my way up to lesson 6 - Watercolor Backgrounds. Here is a slide show of a few cards already in the CAS Lesson 6 Photo Gallery.


Find more photos like this on Paper Craft Planet

I took the liberty of finding an excellent video tutorial by Andrea Walford on the watercolor background wash using Stampin' Up's reinkers. I don't have any re-inkers just yet, but I do have a wonderful set of watercolor paints left over from my college years..so I used those instead.


Here is my card:


What I learned:
  • I found that when using watercolor paper, and doing the wash method as the video showed, you need to use the back (or smooth ) side of the paper. It washes nicely and when you are stamping watercolor paper, the smooth side will hold the ink better than the rough side.
  • I also learned that when embossing on watercolor paper, use the smooth side as the rough side soaks up the ink much faster preventing your embossing powders from sticking as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment