Friday, April 20, 2012

Time Really Does Fly - faster than a canary...

Wow! Can't believe its been since March that I posted! I am sooo sorry to anyone that is reading my blog. I had/have huge plans to keep up with this blog but with working 2 jobs (basically 3 with my paper-Ed classes) I have had a hard time of it all. Spring has sprung and with it I am working on a mini garden. I have planted some seeds - Leaf Lettuce, Mesclun, and Spinach - they are starting to grow.


I have plans to plant these in a raised/standing garden - my hubby is gonna build one for me. I also have seeds for some herbs planted in some cute little tins I picked up at Hobby Lobby - Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Oregano, Chives, and Cilantro.  Picked up two of the Topsy Turvy Tomato Planters at Westlakes Ace Hardware as well - one will get tomatoes and the other will get peppers - those I plan to put up in May. My mother-in-law also has a Strawberry planter that I am gonna use as well.  

All of this should give me plenty to scrapbook about - this is my first time gardening anything. Last thing I grew ended up dying - a cactus. I know...your wondering how do you kill a cactus - just give it to me! Hopefully I will do better this time.


Tomorrow I have plans to attend an all day scrap affair in Columbia. I am going as a sponsored guest of Michael's.  The event is called Table Scraps and its being hosted by the Food Pantry. A portion of the proceeds will benefit them. We will have a guest speaker/instructor - Lisa Bearnson - founder of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Looking forward to attending and having a great time. I promise to take lots of pictures and share them here.

Well...its late and I need to sleep - the crop starts at 7 a.m. and I have an hour's drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment